Welcome to our website
Attention. Restricted access to the Consulate due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Reopening of the Consulate - no access without confirmed appointment.
For information regarding any updates on the visa applications, do please go to "Visa for Belgium".
The Consulate is reopening its services to the public. Due to the health crisis, the following changes have been made to the normal operation of the Consulate:
1. All visits to the Consulate must be by appointment. There is no access possible anymore without previous appointment.
2. Numerous consular activities will be proceeded only via emails email@example.com.
- Request for a consular attestation: you send us, by e-mail, a scanned copy of the completed and signed request form. As soon as the attestation is ready, an appointment will be made to withdraw the attestation and pay the consular fee.
- Request to update your marital status: you send us, by e-mail, a scanned copy of the required documents. After verification of these, an appointment will be given for the presentation of the original documents.
- Life certificate request: processed entirely by e-mail.
- Special nationality files: you send us, by e-mail, a scanned copy of the required documents. After verification of these, an appointment will be given for the presentation of the original documents.
The Belgian consulate general in Jerusalem offers you from 23 November 2020 the possibility to register online in the consular population registers.
You have access to this website if you:
- are Belgian;
- are no (longer) registered in a Belgian municipality since you have notified your departure abroad to this municipality;
- hold a valid and activated Belgian eID;
- know your PIN-code and possess a cart reader.
Thank you to respect specific rules of health prudence during your visit to the Consulate. These rules will be explained upon confirmation of the appointment. Please do respect them strictly, for the good of all.
Are you a Belgian who has recently moved to Jerusalem and would like to register with the Consulate General in Jerusalem? Did you lose your passport while you were travelling through the Palestinian Territory as a tourist? Do you need to request a visa in order to travel to Belgium? Then you’ve come to the right address.
This website will keep you up to date on consular matters that are specifically applicable to Belgians in Jerusalem and the Palestinian Territory, current events in Belgian foreign policy and other useful information or events.
An awareness campaign has been launched in Belgium and is addressed to the potential asylum-seekers. It underlines the false and misleading information circulating about the procedure of asylum application in Belgium. More information to be found in the website www.factsaboutbelgium.be